The Queendom of Wyare is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Queen Lydia with an even hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, sprawling nuclear power plants, and national health service. The compassionate, democratic population of 8.518 billion Wyareians are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fleurette. The average income tax rate is 97.7%.
The large but stagnant Wyareian economy, worth 238 trillion Quns a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 27,967 Quns, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Drills and shovels have been banned as the government cracks down on any means of fracking, guns are banned, Members of Parliament operate under a PAYE scheme, and Queen Lydia is adamant that ponies aren't just for little girls. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wyare's national animal is the Snowy Owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Wyare's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Following new legislation in Wyare, Queen Lydia is adamant that ponies aren't just for little girls.
- : Wyare changed its national leader to "Queen Lydia".
- : Wyare's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Wyare's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Wyare was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Safest and the Top 5% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations, Most Rebellious Youth, Longest Average Lifespans, and Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Wyare's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Wyare was refounded in Osiris.
- : Wyare ceased to exist.
- : Wyare was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.