The United Socialist States of Written In The Stars is a massive, genial nation, renowned for its otherworldly petting zoo, free-roaming dinosaurs, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-working, democratic population of 1.808 billion Written In The Starsians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The medium-sized, pro-business, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Administration, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 23.9%.
The powerhouse Written In The Starsian economy, worth 97.0 trillion lire a year, is quite specialized and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Cheese Exports, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 53,634 lire, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.6 times as much as the poorest.
Convicted criminals are given free limo rides to jail, the elderly are killed softly with a song, dubiously qualified Skandilundian barristers keep referring to laws as 'government guidelines', and Maxtopian tourists make expensive pilgrimages to Written In The Stars City to enjoy their national art. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force. Written In The Stars's national animal is the parrot, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Written In The Stars's influence in Earth One fell from "Diplomat" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Written In The Stars resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Written In The Stars became WA Delegate of Earth One.
- : Written In The Stars's influence in Earth One rose from "Zero" to "Diplomat".
- : Written In The Stars was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Unexpected Death Rate.
- : Written In The Stars relocated from Artificial Solar System to Earth One.
- : Written In The Stars endorsed The Fenda of A time traveller 5.
- : Written In The Stars was endorsed by The Fenda of A time traveller 5.
- : Written In The Stars relocated from Libertarian DR to Artificial Solar System.
- : Written In The Stars relocated from Artificial Solar System to Libertarian DR.