The Empire of Woronia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its smutty television, rampant corporate plagiarism, and anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, cheerful population of 2.146 billion Woronians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Palmyra. The average income tax rate is 64.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Woronian economy, worth 289 trillion gold pieces a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 134,718 gold pieces, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Drills and shovels have been banned as the government cracks down on any means of fracking, signatures have been replaced with illegible scribbles, almost all of Woronia's water is piped into the country from abroad for exorbitant prices, and it is illegal to brush crumbs off your clothing outdoors. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Woronia's national animal is the Human, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Woronia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Woronia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Woronia was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Woronia ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Woronia was endorsed by The Protectorate of Cuyan.
- : Woronia was endorsed by The United States of Tredano.
- : Woronia was endorsed by The Republic of SchoolHouse Rock.
- : Woronia was endorsed by The Unspeakably Zen Republic of Aroa.
- : Woronia was endorsed by The Matriarchy of PlanetPunk.
- : Woronia was endorsed by The United Kingdoms of The Lancerian Empire.