The Gridiron-Loving State of World Bowl is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 12.442 billion Football Fans enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The tiny, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Law & Order, and Defense. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.6%.
The powerhouse Football Lover economy, worth 608 trillion sacks a year, is led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Woodchip Exports, Uranium Mining, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 48,918 sacks, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 474,298 per year while the poor average 243, a ratio of 1,948 to 1.
Voting is compulsory, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, World Bowl's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, and the automotive industry soaks up huge government handouts. Crime is a serious problem. World Bowl's national animal is the fan, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : World Bowl was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- : World Bowl was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Primitive.
- : World Bowl's influence in NS Sports rose from "Sprat" to "Eminence Grise".
- : World Bowl altered its national flag.
- : World Bowl relocated from Lazarus to NS Sports.
- : World Bowl was refounded in Lazarus.
- : World Bowl ceased to exist in NS Sports.
- : World Bowl's influence in NS Sports fell from "Dominator" to "Power".
- : World Bowl's influence in NS Sports rose from "Power" to "Dominator".
- : World Bowl's influence in NS Sports rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".