The United States of Woopa is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its state-planned economy, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The democratic population of 378 million Woopans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Woopaville. The average income tax rate is 67.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Woopan economy, worth 2.73 trillion Whompdidomps a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Cheese Exports, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 7,217 Whompdidomps, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government keeps introducing new foreign species to combat the previous ones it has introduced, high school boys are required to pass vigorous self-mastery and sensitivity training to graduate, third world countries are rich in "I Love Woopaville" t-shirts, and Woopa has designated Woopaville as its capital city. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Woopa's national animal is the Harkeal, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Woopa lodged a message on the United States of America Navy Regional Message Board.
- : Woopa changed its national capital to "Woopaville".
- : Following new legislation in Woopa, Woopa has designated Woopaville as its capital city.
- : Woopa lodged a message on the Camp Half Blood Regional Message Board.
- : Woopa published "Parties of Woopa" (Factbook: Politics).
- : Woopa's influence in Camp Half Blood rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Woopa created a new poll in Camp Half Blood: "What should Camp Half Blood do as a Region Wide Activity?".
- : Woopa's influence in Camp Half Blood rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- : Woopa's influence in Camp Half Blood rose from "Instigator" to "Dealmaker".
- : Woopa's influence in Camp Half Blood rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".