The Federal Republic of Woolwark is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by President David Wallace with an even hand, and notable for its daily referendums, keen interest in outer space, and unlimited-speed roads. The compassionate, democratic population of 8.552 billion Woolwarkians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aristalia City. The average income tax rate is 80.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Woolwarkian economy, worth 994 trillion Denarii a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 116,290 Denarii, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
People find it hard to relate to soldiers because of the dehumanising masks they wear, raver DJ XStacy holds multiple medical degrees in chillaxing, advertisements for jobs in the sciences run in fashion magazines, and tourists flock to see the giant stone carvings of Woolwark's historical leaders at Mount Rushless. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Woolwark's national animal is the Aquila Heliaca, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is None.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Woolwark, tourists flock to see the giant stone carvings of Woolwark's historical leaders at Mount Rushless.
- : Following new legislation in Woolwark, advertisements for jobs in the sciences run in fashion magazines.
- : Following new legislation in Woolwark, raver DJ XStacy holds multiple medical degrees in chillaxing.
- : Woolwark was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- : Woolwark's influence in European Union rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Woolwark's influence in European Union rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Woolwark was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens and the Top 10% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Woolwark's influence in European Union rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Woolwark's influence in European Union rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Woolwark endorsed The Democratic Republic of Occoron.
Endorsements Received: None.