The Empire of Woodstovia is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Alicia Brightflame with an iron fist, and renowned for its ban on automobiles, parental licensing program, and public floggings. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 14.318 billion Woodstovians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Damocles. The average income tax rate is 72.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Woodstovian economy, worth a remarkable 2,810 trillion Krachvics a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Woodchip Exports, and Retail. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 196,306 Krachvics, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.9 times as much as the poorest.
Long-wed spouses often regret proposals they made when they were twenty, the military is on a massive recruiting drive in advance of an invasion of Brasilistan, homeowners are evicted to make way for new runways, and oracles predict landslide victories for Alicia Brightflame for the next 50 years. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Woodstovia's national animal is the Snake, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Staleech.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Woodstovia's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Woodstovia's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Woodstovia's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Woodstovia's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Woodstovia altered its national flag.
- : Woodstovia was refounded in Osiris.
- : Woodstovia ceased to exist in Osiris.
- : Woodstovia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Woodstovia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Woodstovia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes and Largest Governments.