|Faith||a major religion|
The X-defender of Wolverine is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leader with an iron fist, and renowned for its smutty television, flagrant waste-dumping, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 9.452 billion Wolverineans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Wolverinia. The average income tax rate is 73.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Wolverinean economy, worth a remarkable 1,193 trillion Stars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 126,247 Stars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
People reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, legislators work 24/7 due to an influx of single-issue bills, space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space, and government buildings are being cleansed for anything that might have racist connotations. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wolverine's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is a major religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Wolverine's influence in The Hole fell from "Contender" to "Auxiliary".
- : Wolverine's influence in The Hole rose from "Auxiliary" to "Contender".
- : Wolverine's influence in The Hole fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Auxiliary".
- : Wolverine's influence in The Hole rose from "Zero" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Wolverine was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Wolverine applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Wolverine relocated from Legion of Adequacy to The Hole.
- : Wolverine resigned as d of Legion of Adequacy.
- : Wolverine aborted construction of embassies between Legion of Adequacy and The Black Hawks.
- : Wolverine abolished the regional flag of Legion of Adequacy.