The Dominion of Wolventoft is a massive, genial nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.279 billion Wolventoftians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Espantro. The average income tax rate is 51.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Wolventoftian economy, worth 92.2 trillion Toofs a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 40,442 Toofs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Former stunt pilots are unable to pass the licence test to fly a drone, a sledgehammer and a spray can are seen as the default tools of political debate, getting an autograph has become harder than ever, and ambitious "businessmen" use their children to sell and advertise their products. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wolventoft's national animal is the Meerkat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Wolventoft was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Wolventoft endorsed The Corporate Republic of Cheesecakeastan.
- : Wolventoft was endorsed by The Corporate Republic of Cheesecakeastan.
- : Wolventoft voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Digital Network Defense"".
- : Following new legislation in Wolventoft, ambitious "businessmen" use their children to sell and advertise their products.
- : Wolventoft's influence in Thaecia rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Following new legislation in Wolventoft, getting an autograph has become harder than ever.
- : Wolventoft voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Scardino".
- : Wolventoft voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Military Death Penalty Ban".
- : Following new legislation in Wolventoft, a sledgehammer and a spray can are seen as the default tools of political debate.
Endorsements Received: 17 » The Marconian State, Preatona, Rushenberg, Cerdenia, Rhyddfraint, Indian Genius, Orsily, Rhodesae, Rayekka, Besancia, Levantx, Pendors, European Technocratic Union, Brototh, Nouvelle Valois, ElBaron, and Cheesecakeastan.