The Most Serene Republic of Witch Fluffers is a massive, pleasant nation, renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, barren, inhospitable landscape, and state-planned economy. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 1.033 billion Witch Fluffersians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 24.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Witch Fluffersian economy, worth 71.1 trillion Yarn Balls a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Woodchip Exports, Retail, and Gambling. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 68,855 Yarn Balls, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Livestock mutilations are on the rise, cinemas play art-house movies to ever-shrinking audiences as film critics rule the industry, police detectives carry phrenology calipers as part of their standard kit, and homeowners are evicted to make way for new runways. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Witch Fluffers's national animal is the Friendo, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Witch Fluffers's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Witch Fluffers's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Witch Fluffers relocated from Osiris to Artificial Solar System.
- : Witch Fluffers applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Witch Fluffers's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Witch Fluffers's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Witch Fluffers's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Witch Fluffers altered its national flag.
- : Witch Fluffers was refounded in Osiris.
- : Witch Fluffers ceased to exist in Stuffieland.