|Leader||Präsident Harry Passehl|
The United Socialist States of Wirkungsgrad is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Präsident Harry Passehl with an iron fist, and renowned for its pith helmet sales, free-roaming dinosaurs, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, cynical population of 2.383 billion Wirkungsgradians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Leistung. The average income tax rate is 64.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Wirkungsgradian economy, worth 209 trillion Währungs a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Furniture Restoration. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 87,776 Währungs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Mining safety laws are often more expensive than what's being mined, economists confusingly list "fusarium rot and leaf blight" as major risk factors for monetary deflation, wilderness-dwelling hermits are surprised to find railway stations on their front doorsteps, and money is being desperately pumped into the ruined economy. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wirkungsgrad's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Naturwissenschaft.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Wirkungsgrad was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending and Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Wirkungsgrad endorsed The People's Republic of Amanor.
- : Wirkungsgrad was endorsed by The Empire of Angkasajaya.
- : Wirkungsgrad withdrew its endorsement from The Empire of Angkasajaya.
- : Wirkungsgrad voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Freedom of Expression"".
- : Following new legislation in Wirkungsgrad, money is being desperately pumped into the ruined economy.
- : Following new legislation in Wirkungsgrad, wilderness-dwelling hermits are surprised to find railway stations on their front doorsteps.
- : Following new legislation in Wirkungsgrad, economists confusingly list "fusarium rot and leaf blight" as major risk factors for monetary deflation.
- : Following new legislation in Wirkungsgrad, mining safety laws are often more expensive than what's being mined.
- : Wirkungsgrad lost the endorsement of The Empire of Angkasajaya.
Endorsements Received: 46 » Kethania, Yukonoslavia, Freed Europe, Adraen Coalition, BurningPhoenix, Uinted Communist of Africa, Prosperpeace, Cassaracen, Armchair, Northwest Korea, Carrasovo, Kortzlan, Shamian, Union of Lesser Soviet Republics, Grenam, European and American Socialist States, The United Kindom under Socialist Rule, Coaequales, Miletic, New Ameryka, Unified Socialist Soviet Republics, Adoriania, Thambiaa, Dudaev, Novopangaea, Southern Penguins, Liliumtopia, Wejustwanthealthcare, The Workers Union of Habsburg-Lorraine, Andevour, The Peoples Vanguard, Westnesia, Hyrule world, Ekaterina, Laborwavistan, Meinhovia, New Soviet States of America, Anarhic Morrowind, Riondel, Dindrenzi, Pazakistan, Kranovick, Chinese Workers Party, CommunistAnarchicDemocracy, Rusthenia, and Angkasajaya.