The United Dominion of Wintariu is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Chancellor Johann Rark with an iron fist, and notable for its smutty television, ubiquitous missile silos, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 5.306 billion Wintariuans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Haarburg. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 62.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Wintarish economy, worth 764 trillion Wints a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Woodchip Exports, and Retail. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 144,139 Wints, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 454,856 per year while the poor average 34,899, a ratio of 13.0 to 1.
The government is continually probing the galaxy in search of alien life, residents of new housing subdivisions complain about the total absence of supermarkets and restaurants, no cul-de-sac or trailer park is complete without a gambling parlor, and when you fly on Air Wintariu you win a seat or you die. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wintariu's national animal is the Wolf, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities, and its national religion is Followers of the Black Sun.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Wintariu, when you fly on Air Wintariu you win a seat or you die.
- : Following new legislation in Wintariu, no cul-de-sac or trailer park is complete without a gambling parlor.
- : Following new legislation in Wintariu, residents of new housing subdivisions complain about the total absence of supermarkets and restaurants.
- : Wintariu voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Language Act".
- : Wintariu was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Wintariu, the government is continually probing the galaxy in search of alien life.
- : Following new legislation in Wintariu, the government regularly hires contractors to construct high rise apartments.
- : Wintariu voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ocean Noise Reduction".
- : Wintariu was endorsed by The Imperial Confederacy of Vanderra.
- : Wintariu was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Doppler.
Endorsements Received: 29 » Ostehaar, Athara Magarat, Noronica, Dragao do Mar, Samudera, Ipland, Miklania, Agadar, Ferret616, Murab, Volkegoth, Belle Ilse en Terre, Orsandia, Vancouvia, Paul Pasch, Linaviar, Eserai, Keomora, Michigonia, San Jimenez, West Plinko, Lancolm, Llananas, Silver Sea, Samanar, Central Deimos, Sacrisa, Doppler, and Vanderra.