The Empire of Winfried Dynasty is a small, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its irreverence towards religion, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 32 million Winfried Dynastyians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. The average income tax rate is 67.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The weak Winfried Dynastyian economy, worth 806 billion salts a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 25,201 salts, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The tenet of free speech is held dear, TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, and citizens can be frequently spotted going about their business stark naked. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Winfried Dynasty's national animal is the unicorn, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Winfried Dynasty was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- : Winfried Dynasty's influence in Hiyamashu rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Winfried Dynasty's influence in Hiyamashu rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Winfried Dynasty's influence in Hiyamashu rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Winfried Dynasty was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Winfried Dynasty changed its national motto to "Prepare for trouble! And make it double!".
- : Winfried Dynasty altered its national flag.
- : Following new legislation in Winfried Dynasty, citizens can be frequently spotted going about their business stark naked.
- : Winfried Dynasty relocated from The Story of Civilization to Hiyamashu.
- : Following new legislation in Winfried Dynasty, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.