|Leader||Basileus Nikephorus Minopoulos|
|Faith||Willinkian Orthodox Church|
The Basileia of Willink is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Basileus Nikephorus Minopoulos with a fair hand, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, public floggings, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 17.197 billion Willinkians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Salonika. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Willinkian economy, worth a remarkable 2,513 trillion Solidis a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Retail, Information Technology, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 146,143 Solidis, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 901,937 per year while the poor average 10,276, a ratio of 87.8 to 1.
Many whiskies taste suspiciously like automobile radiators, wait staff claim to like it when odorous customers flirt with them, where your food came from is an unknowable mystery, and artificial intelligences seeking exciting work are overcome with ennui. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Willink's national animal is the Caracal, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Willinkian Orthodox Church.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Willink, artificial intelligences seeking exciting work are overcome with ennui.
- : Following new legislation in Willink, where your food came from is an unknowable mystery.
- : Following new legislation in Willink, wait staff claim to like it when odorous customers flirt with them.
- : Following new legislation in Willink, many whiskies taste suspiciously like automobile radiators.
- : Following new legislation in Willink, tradesmen will knock 10% off their fees if customers pay cash.
- : Willink altered its national flag.
- : Willink was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes.
- : Willink's influence in Haven fell from "Vassal" to "Apprentice".
- : Willink's influence in Haven rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Willink's influence in Haven rose from "Newcomer" to "Apprentice".