The Free Syndicates of Wileyshire is a massive, genial nation, notable for its pith helmet sales, rampant corporate plagiarism, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 4.682 billion Wileans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Leigh. The average income tax rate is 90.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Wileyshirean economy, worth 546 trillion Labor Credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 116,774 Labor Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Conscripts often volunteer for a second tour of duty so they can get a ticket to next year's Army Revue, internet moderator is one of the most popular jobs among the nation's more socially awkward citizens, counselors have to sign pledges supporting gay rights before they can speak to any patients, and farting etiquette is taught in schools. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wileyshire's national animal is the Deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Wileyshire was endorsed by The Republic of Tristautte.
- : Wileyshire was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens and the Top 10% for Most Secular and Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Wileyshire, farting etiquette is taught in schools.
- : Following new legislation in Wileyshire, counselors have to sign pledges supporting gay rights before they can speak to any patients.
- : Following new legislation in Wileyshire, internet moderator is one of the most popular jobs among the nation's more socially awkward citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Wileyshire, conscripts often volunteer for a second tour of duty so they can get a ticket to next year's Army Revue.
- : Wileyshire was endorsed by The Republic of Nchikhumbwa.
- : Wileyshire was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Wileyshire, the government is cutting back on the number of political prisoners executed each year.
- : Wileyshire was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Left-wing Utopia".
Endorsements Received: 59 » Alvero, Requand, Anudoreis, Aliesstan, Coolness, DankAss Communes, Talamia, Californian Peoples, Gallifrax, Danera, Cessnia, Bananaistan, Svafareyjar, The Bay Systip, Felscombe, Agune, Appaloosa, The Social Democrats of Hamiltonia, Djulio, Ovskiland, Bartrandia, Daophi, Balkvla Islands, Rupganj, Scientists Allied, La Pays De Soliel, Caperrie Libre, Somalidania, Wallacivia, Venovica, Varavano, Of Bjara, Szargia, Alle Bria, Taigaria, Cuscatlan, The Celtic Islets, Roenland, Efroz, Xingal, Nuevo Burrito, Gervase, Celle Franca, Dekks, New Andureo, Wolfitania, The New Liberated California, Wu Wei Shan, Propatria, Silabar, and 9 others.Syvis, Cephesylon, Maupedonia, Phorus, Fleetwold, Saminda, Student Loan Debt, Nchikhumbwa, and Tristautte.