|Faith||the Weirding Way|
The Wicked Realms of Wicko is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by the Warmage with an iron fist, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 27.503 billion Wicked are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The tiny, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Great Coven. The average income tax rate is 1.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Wicked economy, worth a remarkable 8,969 trillion нехs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, broadly diversified black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 326,109 нехs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Garbage bags floating down the river are churned up by man-made rapids, all work and no play has rendered the nation's children somewhat intelligent but also remarkably dull, the government snoops on private internet connections, and the government is paving paradises to put up parking lots. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Wicko's national animal is the Hissing Cat, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is the Weirding Way.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Wicko, the government is paving paradises to put up parking lots.
- : Following new legislation in Wicko, the government snoops on private internet connections.
- : Following new legislation in Wicko, all work and no play has rendered the nation's children somewhat intelligent but also remarkably dull.
- : Following new legislation in Wicko, garbage bags floating down the river are churned up by man-made rapids.
- : Following new legislation in Wicko, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid.
- : Wicko voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Safe Disposal of Nuclear Waste".
- : Wicko was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Armed.
- : Wicko changed its national nation type to "Wicked Realms".
- : Following new legislation in Wicko, jaywalking is punishable by public flogging.
- : Following new legislation in Wicko, boys who take just one date to the high school prom are called 'losers'.