The Armed Republic of Whirostan is a huge, orderly nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and strictly enforced bedtime. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 423 million Whirostanians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The medium-sized, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, although Industry is also considered important, while Environment and Welfare receive no funds. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 27.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Whirostanian economy, worth 38.1 trillion seths a year, is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Gambling, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is 90,057 seths, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 441,920 per year while the poor average 10,504, a ratio of 42.1 to 1.
Breast milk lattes are the newest fad among hip urbanites, whales in captivity live in little more than glorified goldfish bowls, parents are legally not allowed to tell a child to stop eating their boogers, and school lessons are constantly interrupted by 'teacher needs a break' time. Crime is a major problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Whirostan's national animal is the scorpion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Whirostan was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Midds Conia.
- : Whirostan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extreme.
- : Following new legislation in Whirostan, school lessons are constantly interrupted by 'teacher needs a break' time.
- : Following new legislation in Whirostan, parents are legally not allowed to tell a child to stop eating their boogers.
- : Following new legislation in Whirostan, whales in captivity live in little more than glorified goldfish bowls.
- : Following new legislation in Whirostan, breast milk lattes are the newest fad among hip urbanites.
- : Following new legislation in Whirostan, hit TV show 'The eXecution Factor' is a critical success.
- : Following new legislation in Whirostan, farm turkeys are given high doses of antidepressants to take their minds off the holiday season.
- : Following new legislation in Whirostan, every new toxic waste dump comes with a seal of approval from the government's science advisor.
- : Following new legislation in Whirostan, chalkboards are replaced with billboards in the classroom.
Endorsements Received: 103 » Notyoutopia, South Grand Mountain, Zemnaya Svoboda, Shin-Hachioji, Pallaith, Kaschovia, Great Bights Mum, Yaorozu, Lavanania, Diodone, Selfgradatude, Coemgen, Kingdom of Space, Bharathvarsh, Marsh Castle, HMS Unicorn, Sunto, Plembobria, McMasterdonia, Kwaj, Sheppey, Siwale, WE Empire, Shadowrik, Anima Proxa, Holy Oranz, Aenglaland, Yukti, AdyLand, Yaris, Pits and Perverts, Beowulfe, Prevaland, The Utopian Movement, Sankami, Friently, Puczovska, Buckerino, Kelvaros Prime, Ausmercia, Reannia, Asuroka, Articune, Che Sana Und, I Am Bad At Naming Nations, Palisede, Seven Hills, Clintonburge, The Iron Lions, Yubadai, and 53 others.Cloydicia, Lord Ravenclaw, Sil Dorsett, Bayern-Straubing, Aerilia, Moubarakistan, Universal State Formula, Coppicia, Amerian States, Socialist Cooperative Republics, Stareogratia, Transhumanist Anarchical Union, General COE, Zandir Antari, Tel Qual, Xentherida, American MapleStory, Vogonlandia, The Lancerian Empire, PlanetPunk, Corfad, Aroa, Tredano, Cuyan, Inorganic Tomb Thing, Maestros haven, Lionia, Pakistan 001, Republic of Dixie, Territorio di Nessuno, Slaughterhouse Nine, Phillywob, Celebia, Wodan, Thenaca, Sanjurika, Forunte, Drasvidania, Walist, Barbarossistanian South Brasilistan, Wineclaw, Fawkenia, Beodarasc, Ainsworth, Pria Xennes, Felhaven, Rockym, Deropia, Sailence, Blurds, Victoriaans Nederlands, Morrn, and Midds Conia.