The Federation of Whirl Islands is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by President Amira Paulini with an even hand, and notable for its strictly enforced bedtime, anti-smoking policies, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, devout population of 17.567 billion Whirl-Islanders have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Healthcare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Navel Island. The average income tax rate is 77.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Whirl Islandsian economy, worth a remarkable 1,013 trillion Dollars a year, is extremely specialized and solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 57,665 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
The government encourages conflict abroad to increase arms sales, the government pours millions of Dollars into rehabilitation programs annually, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations, and Navel Island spends billions upgrading public transport. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Whirl Islands's national animal is the hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Whirl Islands was endorsed by The Republic of Darmen.
- : Whirl Islands endorsed The Republic of Darmen.
- : Whirl Islands endorsed The Republic of Ceni.
- : Whirl Islands endorsed The United Federation of Eura.
- : Whirl Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Whirl Islands was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Nethertopia.
- : Whirl Islands was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Whirl Islands's influence in Rushmore fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".
- : Whirl Islands's influence in Rushmore rose from "Sprat" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Whirl Islands applied to join the World Assembly.