The Empire of Whimichy is a huge, orderly nation, notable for its infamous sell-swords, vat-grown people, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 650 million Whimichyians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Law & Order, Industry, and Education also on the agenda, while Welfare and International Aid receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Serkand. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 36.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Whimichyian economy, worth 105 trillion marks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 161,948 marks, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 604,144 per year while the poor average 30,437, a ratio of 19.8 to 1.
The newest shade developed by Whimichy's dye industry has been dubbed 'Agent Orange', the government spends twice as much reclaiming lost settlements from the sea as it could've on coastal defences, official maps have to be revised on a weekly basis, and terrorists who are 17th cousins with the ex-wives of half-brothers of citizens are now exempt from the immigration ban. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Whimichy's national animal is the potato, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Whimichy was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Whimichy, terrorists who are 17th cousins with the ex-wives of half-brothers of citizens are now exempt from the immigration ban.
- : Following new legislation in Whimichy, official maps have to be revised on a weekly basis.
- : Following new legislation in Whimichy, the government spends twice as much reclaiming lost settlements from the sea as it could've on coastal defences.
- : Following new legislation in Whimichy, the newest shade developed by Whimichy's dye industry has been dubbed 'Agent Orange'.
- : Following new legislation in Whimichy, bizarre-looking creatures called 'potatodogs' dominate wildlife preserves.
- : Following new legislation in Whimichy, meteorologists are instantly recognizable from their luxury cars and jewelry.
- : Following new legislation in Whimichy, citizens have an obligation to remain silent and anything they say may be used against them.
- : Whimichy endorsed The Confederacy of Chocholand.
- : Whimichy was endorsed by The Confederacy of Chocholand.
Endorsements Received: 186 » Erinor, Beepee, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Saciu, Pencil Sharpeners 2, United States of Vietnam, Hanguk-Nippon, Tsunamy, Volaworand, Awjan, Aguatania, Aumeltopia, Anachronolandia, Linguiniland, Barabarom, Sthalrim, Jehenna, Yeldarbsland, Outer Utonixick Gollinican, Pastir, Abarri, Dalklo Bayer, Spearos, Quiescent, Bear Connors Paradiso, East Sakhlin, Darakin, Avalonica, Sanden, Towi Lamia, The Solar System Scope, Pax Dracon, Luddinlande, Jaxon, Lambdaland, Tsvetania, Transcostria, Holy Chimerland, Japanese Federal Republic, Cuuldere, Denmani, Theorin, Neo-Indonesia, Centristvill, Aidenfieeld, Sandaoguo, A Frog Dimension, Hokoan, North Winter, Rebel-topia, and 136 others.North Kanuckistan, East Asylla Pan, Xandev, Bluee Land, Kandorith, Concrete Slab, USNE2018, Herbert Island, Grouu, Auphelia, Sedunn, Kroumos, The Filippinas, Floofoland, Mikole, Namat Sta, Curlyhoward, Dazeskye, Pulaski Republic, Midand, Maletora, Staubsaugen, Myr Nyr, Qilai, Stoniamera, Lulliland, Ronster, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, Aurcania, Badener, Darbor, Lichenitza, Aneas, Expar Vallist, Aywhyou, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Kiasu-ism, North Anatnom, Qvait, Mirutania, Si-topia, Native Inhabitants of Antarctica, Silberne Wache, New Eneland, Nankyoku Tairiku, Rosamie, Isokenzar, Shengtie, Juzestan, Maradana, The ColdWyvernian Undead, New Briantown, Uncomfortable nooks and crannies, Phanama, Southern Numenor, Arx Obex, Elveka, Republitank, Yakutikov, Shema Mitzvah, Macrothea, Democratic Parndia, Mantas Meow, Lorora3, Imperial Snasdep, Enplatia, Walloonia, LaPia, Northendia, Great Andora, St Oaks, Calistan, The naked people, Direwolf1, Illinoisan, Freedoom, Khazadine, Ufask, Farengeto, Poopisiya, Uncastania, Fighting Kawi Ninja, Oepix, KIROVET, West Apotos, Wimalia, Crystal Creation, Birdkeeper, Complete Conformity, Paranoia, Holy Dominate, Liberated Lambergs, Otaku Trash, Fuso and Chunggu, GI-Land, Esfalsa, WTP All the good names are taken, Akindom, Ariankido, The United Expanse, Land Without Shrimp, Wehraboos, Atomic Garden, Ttyxious, Nova Montron, Seliyan progressive Islands, Noveos, Vincent Field, Academy of Umbrellas, Drystar, Escevola, FreeFishers, Wyatonians, United Weshickstine, Ostanasia, The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp, Terranous, Jahass, Amutien, Cublish, Madhonia, Keidran Union, Frandlia, Republic Clovakh, The Dragon Enclave, Dubbayoo, Dasko, Bod Wareenaland, Transtemporal Shifts, Slenrotros, Nowa Europa, Pays de Loire, Agalaesia, Qawe, Churumduul, and Chocholand.