The Fiefdom of Wftc is a tiny, genial nation, notable for its public floggings, complete lack of prisons, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, cynical, devout population of 16 million Wftcians are ruled with an iron fist by the socialist government, which grants its people the freedom to do whatever they like so long as it doesn't involve getting richer than anybody else or challenging the government.
The medium-sized, liberal, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Spirituality, and Public Transport. The average income tax rate is 44.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The fragile Wftcian economy, worth 438 billion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient black market in Tourism, Trout Farming, Pizza Delivery, and Furniture Restoration. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 27,433 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Belligerent citizens shoot at passing clouds for 'violating their airspace', Wftc's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, the government is reining in public spending, and the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit. Crime is totally unknown. Wftc's national animal is the lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Wftc's influence in Renegade Islands Alliance rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Wftc's influence in Renegade Islands Alliance rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Wftc's influence in Renegade Islands Alliance rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Wftc was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality and Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Wftc's influence in Renegade Islands Alliance rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Wftc was endorsed by The Citadel of Scepez.
- : Following new legislation in Wftc, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit.
- : Following new legislation in Wftc, the government is reining in public spending.
- : Wftc voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The North Pacific".
- : Wftc voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Open Internet Order"".
Endorsements Received: 1 » Scepez.