|Leader||First Leader Miles McBath|
The Allied States of Western Continental Divide is a huge, safe nation, ruled by First Leader Miles McBath with an iron fist, and renowned for its ubiquitous missile silos, otherworldly petting zoo, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, hard-working, cynical population of 949 million Westerners are proud of their wide-ranging civil freedoms, and those who aren't tend to be dragged off the streets by men in dark suits and hustled into cars with tinted windows.
The medium-sized, liberal, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Los Angeles. The average income tax rate is 74.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Western economy, worth 115 trillion dollars a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 122,137 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Lines of trenches demarcate the nation's borders, First Leader Miles McBath has been known to make speeches in fishing waders, motivational posters send motorists positive vibes in high-risk areas, and frat-house partying has become the national pastime. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Western Continental Divide's national animal is the Grizzly Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Western Continental Divide, frat-house partying has become the national pastime.
- : Following new legislation in Western Continental Divide, motivational posters send motorists positive vibes in high-risk areas.
- : Following new legislation in Western Continental Divide, First Leader Miles McBath has been known to make speeches in fishing waders.
- : Following new legislation in Western Continental Divide, lines of trenches demarcate the nation's borders.
- : Following new legislation in Western Continental Divide, it is not politically correct to suspect that a serially convicted burglar might steal again.
- : Following new legislation in Western Continental Divide, hundreds of subterranean tunnels are being built as part of "Project Morlock".
- : Western Continental Divide was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Western Continental Divide was endorsed by The Kingdom of Reannia.
- : Western Continental Divide endorsed The Empire of Animmalia.
- : Western Continental Divide was endorsed by The Empire of Animmalia.
Endorsements Received: 46 » Meropis, Ruinenlust, Verdant Haven, Frieden-und Freudenland, Bananaistan, Ziotah and Riverside, The British Antarctic Expedition, Bilsa, The Void Territories, Banandonia, Kinganaryasia, Rorston, Hyon Delta, Mahrenbach, Artemis, Feladria, Ownzone, Caterasia, Vanenia, Aeterno Tranquillitas, The Black Forrest, KinectiA, Taco Respublic, Prydaein, Elundris, Ironic Remarks, Kawastyselir, Forgotten Beauty, Chilledsville, Speal Dhorrn, Dwardossa, Ordand, Mountain Ash Forests, Kaiseland, Cat-Herders United, Entitize, Tauride, Greyveldt, Novian Republics, Khazuul, Eaven, New Ladavia, Coranova, Turbeaux, Animmalia, and Reannia.