The Republic of West Nicaragua is a massive, safe nation, ruled by President Vargas with an even hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions and strictly enforced bedtime. The hard-working population of 1.386 billion West Nicaraguans are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Managua. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 13.2%.
The strong West Nicaraguan economy, worth 85.5 trillion cordobas a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 61,722 cordobas, with the richest citizens earning 7.1 times as much as the poorest.
Penurious citizens die from easily remedied ailments because they aren't 'taking enough initiative', tantrum-throwing toddlers are regularly imprisoned on assault charges, West Nicaragua has designated Managua as its capital city, and President Vargas has just been declared ruler of West Nicaragua in an international press conference. Crime, especially youth-related, is well under control, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. West Nicaragua's national animal is the motmot, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : West Nicaragua's influence in Alternate Earth rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : West Nicaragua's influence in Alternate Earth rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : West Nicaragua's influence in Alternate Earth rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : West Nicaragua's influence in Alternate Earth rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : West Nicaragua's influence in Alternate Earth rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : West Nicaragua relocated from Osiris to Alternate Earth.
- : West Nicaragua changed its national leader to "President Vargas".
- : West Nicaragua altered its national flag.
- : Following new legislation in West Nicaragua, President Vargas has just been declared ruler of West Nicaragua in an international press conference.
- : West Nicaragua was refounded in Osiris.