The Imperial Republic of West Ankara is a massive, socially progressive nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 2.089 billion Ankarans live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, pro-business government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Defense, with Law & Order also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of West Ankara. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5.4%.
The strong West Ankaran economy, worth 112 trillion Gold Folds a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Gambling, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is 54,074 Gold Folds, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 415,811 per year while the poor average 1,883, a ratio of 220 to 1.
West Ankara has designated West Ankara as its capital city. Crime is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. West Ankara's national animal is the Haast's Eagle, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : West Ankara published "The Crowne Capitale, West Ankara" (Factbook: Culture).
- : West Ankara's influence in Universal Pact rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : West Ankara's influence in Universal Pact rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : West Ankara published "Ankara's Intervention in Tara" (Factbook: Military).
- : West Ankara published "White Cross Organization" (Factbook: International).
- : West Ankara lodged a message on the Universal Pact Regional Message Board.
- : West Ankara published "Political Parties of Ankara WIP" (Factbook: Politics).
- : West Ankara published "Ministries of Government WIP" (Factbook: Legislation).
- : West Ankara's influence in Universal Pact rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : West Ankara published "Ankaran Embassies Overseas" (Factbook: International).