The Kingdom of Wessegord is a massive, genial nation, ruled by King Raymund IV with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, absence of drug laws, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.53 billion Wessegordians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Terveraj. The average income tax rate is 56.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Wessegordian economy, worth 126 trillion Søseks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Trout Farming. Average income is 82,675 Søseks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Military strategists are questioning the wisdom of subsidizing the economies of sworn enemies, government bureaucrats devote many man-hours to trying to measure unquantifiables, anti-vaxxers claim that injected children are prone to psychotic breaks when they see the 'Queen of Diamonds' playing card, and community-designed sword prostheses are becoming dangerously common. Crime is totally unknown. Wessegord's national animal is the Snowy owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Wessegord was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Wessegord's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Wessegord's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Wessegord's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Wessegord's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Wessegord was refounded in Balder.
- : Wessegord ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Wessegord was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Seven Hills.
- : Wessegord was endorsed by The Kingdom of Malta Comino Gozo.
- : Wessegord was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Vogonlandia.