The Republic of Wesonga is a huge, efficient nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 842 million Wesongs enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Natsang. The average income tax rate is 29.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Wesong economy, worth 66.5 trillion Woos a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Basket Weaving, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 79,034 Woos, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Modelling agencies send their clients to work in nursing homes, it's harder to qualify for IVF than for a good university, endocrinology is a rapidly growing field of study, and the nation is currently revamping its entire education system. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wesonga's national animal is the squirrel, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Wesonga was endorsed by The Questionable SMH Lea Land of Modra.
- : Wesonga was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Edwardsport.
- : Following new legislation in Wesonga, the nation is currently revamping its entire education system.
- : Following new legislation in Wesonga, endocrinology is a rapidly growing field of study.
- : Following new legislation in Wesonga, it's harder to qualify for IVF than for a good university.
- : Following new legislation in Wesonga, modelling agencies send their clients to work in nursing homes.
- : Following new legislation in Wesonga, only the rich can afford the latest medical innovations.
- : Wesonga's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Wesonga was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry.
- : Wesonga voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Ban on Conversion Therapy"".
Endorsements Received: 55 » Veterans Association, Debluu, Northern Celavon, Eastern Alksearia, The Three States of Fortuna, Hizuru, Axdel, North Bernia, The Atlae Isles, Enlil, Servants of Gizmo, Grossvietnam, Dragonia, Drunken Seal Islands, Republic of Berzerkistan, Firenation91, New Bradenia Ghost, Talitoa, Clarence-Voslage, Asendavia, VW53Aland, Roliganistan, Khadah, Adavan, Staynes, The Empire of Rijelv, Kublam, Aivintis, Rhealaliit, Pakitsk, Aquyia, Kangarawa, Wakeopolis, Marrabuk, Danelaw Scandinavia, Davinhia, Sen Jast, A Slanted Black Stripe, Brotherland, Wiranath, Cacnesia, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, East Malaysia, New Leganes, A mean old man, Centrical Union, Layngderfleethe, In Insulam Autem Sanguis Et Magia, Greater New Cassandra, Kelsyth, and 5 others.Bakla Island, CheeseBurrito, United China Nation, Edwardsport, and Modra.