|Leader||High Chancellor Foren Kisaisai|
The Democratic States of Weratt is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by High Chancellor Foren Kisaisai with a fair hand, and notable for its ubiquitous missile silos, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.042 billion Werattians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sweet Water. The average income tax rate is 72.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Werattian economy, worth 122 trillion Werattian Dollars a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 117,670 Werattian Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
High Chancellor Foren Kisaisai's luxurious new home has been designated as a protected cultural heritage site, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, libraries have replaced overdue book fines with mandatory mental health assessments, and the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Weratt's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Weratt changed its national faith to "Atheism".
- : Following new legislation in Weratt, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one.
- : Weratt was endorsed by The PɐɹƃuᴉuǝpɐɹɐɥɐW of Nagaraningrad.
- : Following new legislation in Weratt, libraries have replaced overdue book fines with mandatory mental health assessments.
- : Following new legislation in Weratt, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.
- : Weratt voted against the World Assembly Resolution "On Interregional Recruitment".
- : Weratt voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Volcanic Activity Convention".
- : Weratt was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Weratt, High Chancellor Foren Kisaisai's luxurious new home has been designated as a protected cultural heritage site.
- : Following new legislation in Weratt, pharmaceutical companies emphatically promise that "your pills are in the mail" rather than admit any supply shortfall.