The Federation of Welvernia is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Aloof Dan with a fair hand, and remarkable for its ubiquitous missile silos, compulsory military service, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 1.304 billion Welvernians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ruisiare. The average income tax rate is 60.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Welvernian economy, worth 182 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 139,605 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, on-duty Air Welvernia flight attendants are usually seen napping in first class, and creative compliance measures ensure that high-ranking officials live in luxury while the country's coffers collect cobwebs. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Welvernia's national animal is the beaver, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Welvernia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Welvernia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Welvernia was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Welvernia ceased to exist in The Rejected Realms.
- : Welvernia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Welvernia was endorsed by The Republic of Alpharoland.
- : Welvernia's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Welvernia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Data Protection Accord"".
- : Welvernia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Psychotic Dictatorships".
- : Following new legislation in Welvernia, creative compliance measures ensure that high-ranking officials live in luxury while the country's coffers collect cobwebs.