|Leader||The Philosopher In Chief|
The Existential Quandry of Weller Centennial is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by The Philosopher In Chief with a fair hand, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, free-roaming dinosaurs, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 35.422 billion Weller Centenarians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, liberal, outspoken individuals juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cork. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Weller Centennialian economy, worth an astonishing 12,499 trillion Doughnuts a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Retail, Soda Sales, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is an amazing 352,886 Doughnuts, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Reflection is vital for badly behaved politicians, politicians can be seen taking candy from babies, the Foreign Ministry thinks an eye for an eye is a blindingly good idea, and the CEO of Laws Incorporated must sign off on all new bills. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, probably because of the absence of a police force. Weller Centennial's national animal is the Giant Sloth, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Weller Centennial, the CEO of Laws Incorporated must sign off on all new bills.
- : Weller Centennial was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Anarchy".
- : Weller Centennial endorsed The Federatiwnaja Respublika of Dagnia.
- : Weller Centennial was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Weller Centennial applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Weller Centennial's influence in Galts Gulch rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Superpower".
- : Following new legislation in Weller Centennial, the Foreign Ministry thinks an eye for an eye is a blindingly good idea.
- : Following new legislation in Weller Centennial, politicians can be seen taking candy from babies.
- : Following new legislation in Weller Centennial, reflection is vital for badly behaved politicians.
- : Following new legislation in Weller Centennial, foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle.
Endorsements Received: None.