The Kingdom of Webvania is a huge, orderly nation, renowned for its anti-smoking policies, public floggings, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 559 million Webvanians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The minute, well-organized government, or what there is of one, is dominated by the Department of Law & Order, although Education and Administration are also considered important, while Environment and Industry receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Webvania City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5.4%.
The Webvanian economy, worth 35.2 trillion Crowns a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Automobile Manufacturing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 62,902 Crowns, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 214,156 per year while the poor average 13,613, a ratio of 15.7 to 1.
Many politicians are serving jail time for minor drug offenses, a National Academy regulates grammar and usage, nervous homeowners have been blamed for rising death rates amongst carol singers and locksmiths, and the judicial system legislates morality. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force. Webvania's national animal is the Arachnid, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Webvania was endorsed by The Theocracy of GRANDE IMPERIO ORIENTAL PAGAO EUDUARDO.
- : Webvania was endorsed by The Sawtooth Badlands of The Black Cathedral.
- : Webvania was endorsed by The Digital Democracy of Alpinea.
- : Following new legislation in Webvania, the judicial system legislates morality.
- : Following new legislation in Webvania, nervous homeowners have been blamed for rising death rates amongst carol singers and locksmiths.
- : Following new legislation in Webvania, a National Academy regulates grammar and usage.
- : Webvania was endorsed by The Free Land of Antityranicals.
- : Webvania was endorsed by The Holy Inseparable Regalia of Castle Federation.
- : Webvania was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden and the Top 10% for Largest Basket Weaving Sector, Highest Unexpected Death Rate, and Most Avoided.
- : Following new legislation in Webvania, many politicians are serving jail time for minor drug offenses.
Endorsements Received: 98 » Shin-Hachioji, Pallaith, Alunya, Sinelona, Abject Ludicrosity, El Fiji Grande, Newpromisedland, The Rhein States, Omnistria, Territorio di Nessuno, Ethnon, Trillius, Great Bights Mum, Sundred, Victoriaans Nederlands, Sunto, Kwaj, PlanetPunk, Unimaginable Doom, Koda-Land, Dar es Saalam, North Bratislava, Napnomadia, Corfad, Apetopia, Kirostan, Dreadton, Guer Aike, Frances Francis the First of France, Notyoutopia, Bayern-Straubing, Egalico, Shibutani, Sanjurika, Siwale, Steampunk Ariel, Wineclaw, Federation Terra Australis, Racoda, Yaorozu, Saturns Edge, Uganda Knuckles UK, New Pruessen, Tsardom of Leonlandia, Acrabinnia, The United States of Romania, Peldorn, Jasminlandia, Ejhsa, 1 very fast endotarter, and 48 others.THX1138, Tappan Hills, Dugariana, Selfgradatude, Sil Dorsett, Torakuen, Shadowrik, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Lomjia, New Bremerton, United Draconia, Ibiscaton, Kasazzastan, Sheldanada, Holy Oranz, Pasargad, Spartoptia, Q w e r t y, Afrille, Liberum Mundi, Ikea Rike, The Notorious Mad Jack, Plangainer, Black Templares, Maott, Vikingiarchy, Moubarakistan, Aratani, Buckerino, Valhalla123, Wilkshire, General COE, Niradans, British Pacific Islands, Loutsland, Free Azzaca, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Noahs Second Country, Former English Colony, Rynion, Test for a new hope, North Altatude, Elder Realms, Castle Federation, Antityranicals, Alpinea, The Black Cathedral, and GRANDE IMPERIO ORIENTAL PAGAO EUDUARDO.