The Socialist Misfits of Waterana is a gargantuan, cultured nation, notable for its smutty television, daily referendums, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 34.667 billion Wateranians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arkareth. The average income tax rate is 99.2%.
The powerhouse Wateranan economy, worth a remarkable 5,647 trillion manas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism. Average income is an impressive 162,899 manas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas, hypochondriacs demand treatment for genetic disorders they don't have, Waterana's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, and politicians tend to speak more loudly and slowly these days. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Waterana's national animal is the moon dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Waterana was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nudest.
- : Waterana was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
- : Waterana was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Waterana was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Waterana voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Death Penalty Ban".
- : Waterana was endorsed by Dishwalla.
- : Waterana was endorsed by The Republic of Ropakstadt.
- : Waterana was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Following new legislation in Waterana, politicians tend to speak more loudly and slowly these days.
- : Waterana was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.