The Life of Water is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, notable for its deadly medical pandemics, absence of drug laws, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 20.656 billion Waterians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, liberal, pro-business individuals juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and International Aid. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Pacific. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Waterian economy, worth a remarkable 3,256 trillion drops a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Pizza Delivery, Gambling, and Soda Sales. Average income is an impressive 157,660 drops, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,460,392 per year while the poor average 1,627, a ratio of 897 to 1.
Science centers and state of the art laboratories are ubiquitous, concussed fishball players cannot remember their lineup position, the government is ignoring the latest terrorist atrocities in The Pacific for fear of causing a fuss, and animal control is going door-to-door releasing all pets back into the wild. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Water's national animal is the fish, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Water's influence in Antarctic Oasis rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Water was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Water was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Water's influence in Antarctic Oasis rose from "Zero" to "Page".
- : Water altered its national flag.
- : Water relocated from Lazarus to Antarctic Oasis.
- : Water's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Water was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Water ceased to exist in Antarctic Oasis.
- : Water was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Avoided.