The Kingdom of Wassupeeps is a tiny, safe nation, remarkable for its state-planned economy, compulsory military service, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 18 million Wassupeepsians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Spirituality, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 68.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The developing Wassupeepsian economy, worth 629 billion Moneeys a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Trout Farming, Uranium Mining, and Furniture Restoration. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 34,972 Moneeys, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Traveller camps regularly block five-lane superhighways, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes, military spending is on the increase, and young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wassupeeps's national animal is the Person, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Wassupeeps's influence in Actually Nothing Senate rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : Wassupeeps's influence in Actually Nothing Senate rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Wassupeeps's influence in Actually Nothing Senate rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- : Wassupeeps's influence in Actually Nothing Senate rose from "Contender" to "Dealmaker".
- : Wassupeeps's influence in Actually Nothing Senate rose from "Auxiliary" to "Contender".
- : Wassupeeps's influence in Actually Nothing Senate rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Auxiliary".
- : Wassupeeps was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Authoritarian and Largest Trout Fishing Sector and the Top 10% for Highest Workforce Participation Rate, Most Ignorant Citizens, and Most Extreme.
- : Wassupeeps's influence in Actually Nothing Senate rose from "Zero" to "Duckspeaker".
- : The Colony of Actually Nothing Senate appointed Wassupeeps as Senator with authority over Communications in Actually Nothing Senate.
- : Wassupeeps relocated from Actually nothing to Actually Nothing Senate.