The Free Land of Washiwa is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, frequent executions, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 284 million Washiwans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Washiwa City. The average income tax rate is 32.7%.
The very strong Washiwan economy, worth 17.1 trillion Luminas a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Arms Manufacturing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 60,313 Luminas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.7 times as much as the poorest.
Public incontinence is a growing problem amongst the nation's women, Rupert Bear is considered to be the most risqué TV programme in Washiwa, unemployed mercenaries drift the country looking for new careers, and the new foreign policy is "why bother invading neighbours when they can be bought wholesale?". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Washiwa's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Washiwa endorsed The Most Serene Republic of Hammston.
- : Washiwa was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Ropen.
- : Washiwa endorsed The Democratic Republic of Ropen.
- : Following new legislation in Washiwa, the new foreign policy is "why bother invading neighbours when they can be bought wholesale?".
- : Following new legislation in Washiwa, unemployed mercenaries drift the country looking for new careers.
- : Washiwa voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Safety Regulations for Trade Route Canals".
- : Following new legislation in Washiwa, Rupert Bear is considered to be the most risqué TV programme in Washiwa.
- : Following new legislation in Washiwa, public incontinence is a growing problem amongst the nation's women.
- : Following new legislation in Washiwa, relations with Dàguó have warmed from frosty to chilly.
- : Washiwa endorsed The United Socialist States of Boscows.
Endorsements Received: 90 » Socialist Platypus, Duby, The Free City of Nelson, Balan Bar, Pervincia, Lislandia, Loveable Dogs, Charville, TSSOA, Eastern Starbowie, Tentoria, Ziroxeut, Cle Brait, Holy Boaiggim, Gatorstan, Oktadonia, Sweola, Tolerian Empire, Devonigondwana, Xeorkuothertopia, Liberto-Ancapistan, United States Of Florida, Tarzantos El Camosia, Nibelia, Land of Legacy, StarGaiz, Hubdova, The Capitalist China Party, The sovereign provinces of Mesha, Seolia, Primis Tenebris, IENIA, GibmeMoney, Redamia, BadBitchVille, The Spook Who Sat By The Door, Stustu, The Psittacines, Kurczak Mielony, Ruotsaland, Kalanu, Aelandi, Nueva Rico, Litorauria, Nova Briton, Cyzixraqab, Rabbit of the Rock, Doggonia and Pupponia, Traeharn, Aether Inc, and 40 others.The Soothouse, Saint Killebrew, Adka, Deblar, Dyrland, Mantanzas, Aerospace And Freedom, Thoefonia, Galliadurm, Nietszcha, Werstonal, The Wyoming Order, Vivenxistan, Cadiona, Sidrun, Soviet Socialist Romania, New Galigopub, Zealaria, The Diplomatic Templar, North Freedomstan, Nordharz, MacDonald Clan, Sircenia, New Anschluss, Mesarcalonia, Her Majesty Silver Garden, El Blurkistan, Sameran, Suoni, Wakaru, Hockeyyekcoh, Mansaf, Kadyotan, Free Azell, Eudaschia, AusValia, Azaman, Rex Omnia, Kursibar, and Ropen.