The Commonwealth of Wase is a colossal, cultured nation, renowned for its irreverence towards religion, restrictive gun laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 9.764 billion Waseans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Welfare, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Defense and Spirituality are ignored. The average income tax rate is 99.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Wasean economy, worth a remarkable 1,726 trillion Waseans a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 176,840 Waseans, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Graffiti graces every city's streets, tradesmen will knock 10% off their fees if customers pay cash, small children are learning a lot of new words from a teacher with Tourette Syndrome, and both diets and economic output are growing leaner with recent restrictions to free trade. Crime is totally unknown. Wase's national animal is the Bonobo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Wase was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Upper Chult.
- : Wase was endorsed by The Free Land of Varavano.
- : Wase was endorsed by The Democratic Federation of Ezechard.
- : Wase was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Drug Use and the Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Wase was endorsed by The Democratic Oasis of Silverfish37.
- : Wase was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Roenland.
- : Wase was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Silabar.
- : Wase endorsed The Democratic Federation of Ezechard.
- : Wase was endorsed by The Ego-Posadist Utopia of Dekks.
- : Wase was endorsed by The Republic of The New Liberated California.