|Leader||Her Imperial Majesty the Queen Sophia I|
The Confederate Kingdom of Wardie land is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Her Imperial Majesty the Queen Sophia I with an even hand, and renowned for its deadly medical pandemics, smutty television, and public floggings. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 16.086 billion Wardians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, corrupt government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order and Spirituality also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New London. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Wardian economy, worth a remarkable 1,983 trillion Imperial Pounds a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Gambling, and Basket Weaving. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 123,313 Imperial Pounds, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 663,155 per year while the poor average 11,942, a ratio of 55.5 to 1.
Businesses are abandoning the city centre because of the lack of transport connections, the single fish caught by Wardian fishers last year is cited as evidence of Wardie land's thriving fisheries, wars of expansion are described as "peacekeeping operations", and soldiers' positions are given away by the glint of their bayonets. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Wardie land's national animal is the Imperial Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Anglicanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Wardie land's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Wardie land was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden, Most Devout, Most Ignorant Citizens, and Most Politically Apathetic Citizens and the Top 5% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- : Wardie land's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Wardie land was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Wardie land ceased to exist in Balder.
- : Following new legislation in Wardie land, soldiers' positions are given away by the glint of their bayonets.
- : Wardie land's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Following new legislation in Wardie land, wars of expansion are described as "peacekeeping operations".
- : Wardie land's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Wardie land's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".