The Republic of Wanoshima is a small, safe nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-working population of 20 million Wanonese have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 14.0%.
The Wanoshiman economy, worth 1.13 trillion Sakus a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Woodchip Exports, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 56,544 Sakus, with the richest citizens earning 6.0 times as much as the poorest.
Coalition governments are essential to passing new laws, billions are being spent on a new island airport, the poor are often seen pale and dizzy after selling their blood to make ends meet, and the law says it's okay to sell a bomb to a terrorist so long as they promise not to detonate it. Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent. Wanoshima's national animal is the Red panda, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Wanoshima's influence in The Pacific rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Wanoshima's influence in The Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Wanoshima resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Wanoshima relocated from Philosophers to The Pacific.
- : Following new legislation in Wanoshima, the law says it's okay to sell a bomb to a terrorist so long as they promise not to detonate it.
- : Wanoshima's influence in Philosophers rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Wanoshima was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : Wanoshima was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Litaliya.
- : Following new legislation in Wanoshima, the poor are often seen pale and dizzy after selling their blood to make ends meet.
- : Wanoshima was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments and Safest.