|Leader||PM George Mainwaring|
|Faith||the Godfreyite Church|
The Imperial Federation of Walmington on Sea is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by PM George Mainwaring with an even hand, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, deadly medical pandemics, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 37.307 billion Walmingtonians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Great Walmington. The average income tax rate is 3.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Walmingtonian economy, worth a remarkable 5,503 trillion pound sterlings a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Gambling. Average income is an impressive 147,506 pound sterlings, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
PM George Mainwaring has just been declared ruler of Walmington on Sea in an international press conference, the Godfreyite Church has been named as Walmington on Sea's national religion, police officers have been re-kitted with designer uniforms and gold plated handcuffs, and the military has declared that 'a woman's place is in the mess hall'. Crime is pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Walmington on Sea's national animal is the battered cod, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways, and its national religion is the Godfreyite Church.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Walmington on Sea was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Unexpected Death Rate.
- : Walmington on Sea was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Crime Rates.
- : Walmington on Sea was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Walmington on Sea was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Average.
- : Walmington on Sea was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Fattest Citizens.
- : Walmington on Sea was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : Walmington on Sea was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Walmington on Sea was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden and Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Walmington on Sea was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes and the Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Walmington on Sea's influence in A Modern World fell from "Powerbroker" to "Eminence Grise".