|Leader||James Cunningham and Charles Coleridge|
The Crown Colony of Wallingtonshire is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by James Cunningham and Charles Coleridge with an even hand, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, avowedly heterosexual populace, and suspicion of poets. The hard-working population of 1.089 billion Wallingtonshireans enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The tiny, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Defense, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Wallington. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5.4%.
The thriving Wallingtonshirean economy, worth 86.5 trillion British Pounds a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Gambling, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 79,443 British Pounds, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 266,904 per year while the poor average 17,538, a ratio of 15.2 to 1.
There's a big brother in every prison, selfie stick use is a required Scout badge, man-love is banned in the name of His love, and Anglican Christianity has been named as Wallingtonshire's national religion. Crime is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Wallingtonshire's national animal is the Carrion Crow, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Anglican Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Wallingtonshire published "Opinion poll published by Wallingtonshire News Agency dated 1st December, 1925" (Meta: Reference).
- : Wallingtonshire changed its national animal to "Carrion Crow".
- : Wallingtonshire changed its national faith to "Anglican Christianity".
- : Following new legislation in Wallingtonshire, Anglican Christianity has been named as Wallingtonshire's national religion.
- : Wallingtonshire published "Special Opinion Poll on by-elections to 2 constituencies dated 19th November, 2023" (Meta: Reference).
- : Wallingtonshire published "Opinion poll published by Wallingtonshire News Agency dated 15th November, 1925" (Meta: Reference).
- : Following new legislation in Wallingtonshire, man-love is banned in the name of His love.
- : Wallingtonshire was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Wallingtonshire, selfie stick use is a required Scout badge.
- : Following new legislation in Wallingtonshire, there's a big brother in every prison.