The Democratic Republic of Walist is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Abhi with a fair hand, and renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, deadly medical pandemics, and infamous sell-swords. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 1.851 billion Walistians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The relatively small, corrupt, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government prioritizes Industry, although Education, Administration, and Environment are also considered important, while Spirituality and International Aid receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Little Ivywood. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 33.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Walistian economy, worth 205 trillion Krons a year, is led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Retail, Information Technology, and Soda Sales. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 111,075 Krons, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 533,324 per year while the poor average 13,508, a ratio of 39.5 to 1.
Fire stations and hospitals can't deploy emergency vehicles because badly parked cars block them in, Walist is notorious for its citizens' infidelity, skateparks can be found in every city, and takeaway food bought on the weekend now comes with fifty percent more sweat and tears. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Walist's national animal is the Swan, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Walist was endorsed by The Holy Empire of The Black Cathedral.
- : Walist lodged a message on the The North Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Walist, takeaway food bought on the weekend now comes with fifty percent more sweat and tears.
- : Following new legislation in Walist, skateparks can be found in every city.
- : Following new legislation in Walist, Walist is notorious for its citizens' infidelity.
- : Walist voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Convention on International Oil Spills".
- : Following new legislation in Walist, fire stations and hospitals can't deploy emergency vehicles because badly parked cars block them in.
- : Following new legislation in Walist, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit.
- : Following new legislation in Walist, women wear burqas to avoid unwanted male attention.
- : Walist was endorsed by The Republic of Democritus.
Endorsements Received: 53 » Aerovea, Aerilia, Nice Pulchram Quod Domum, United North American, Yaorozu, Territorio di Nessuno, Mzeusia, Ethnon, Sunto, Bojacks and Jills, El Fiji Grande, Siwale, Dar es Saalam, Notyoutopia, Corfad, Shibutani, Aenglaland, Shin-Hachioji, United Draconia, Eraver, Bananaaaaa, Buckerino, NationTownState, Bayern-Straubing, Koda-Land, Holy Oranz, Albacria, The Iron Lions, Sundred, Q w e r t y, Shadowrik, REPUBLIC OF HINDRAJ, Maj Tonia Godgueeber, Babacar, Great Bights Mum, Yarecir, THX1138, PlanetPunk, Wilkshire, Curtis Cosla, Sea Ghost, Colotex, New Pruessen, Freienland, Wineclaw, Malphe, The Rhein States, Zeternia, Malta Comino Gozo, Yukti, and 3 others.Run Mayst Republic, Democritus, and The Black Cathedral.