The Republic of Waldenes is a massive, cultured nation, renowned for its smutty television, sprawling nuclear power plants, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 3.659 billion Waldenesians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of High Walden. The average income tax rate is 74.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Waldenesian economy, worth 541 trillion Cruts a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 148,115 Cruts, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Business leaders commend the government for enacting an emissions reduction strategy that reduces no Waldenesian emissions at all, there have been sightings of people walking around dressed in nothing but leopard-skin g-strings for 'religious reasons', basket-weaving is the nation's latest fad, and the nation's politicians are known more for the internet memes they spawn than any of their accomplishments. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Waldenes's national animal is the Mountain Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Waldenes was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Waldenes voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Noble Thatcherites".
- : Following new legislation in Waldenes, the nation's politicians are known more for the internet memes they spawn than any of their accomplishments.
- : Following new legislation in Waldenes, basket-weaving is the nation's latest fad.
- : Following new legislation in Waldenes, there have been sightings of people walking around dressed in nothing but leopard-skin g-strings for 'religious reasons'.
- : Waldenes was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Caldarian.
- : Waldenes was endorsed by The Colony of New Sandsnionion.
- : Waldenes was endorsed by The Republic of Flashpoint XXVI.
- : Waldenes was endorsed by The ✨✨MENACING THREAT✨✨ of Zukchiva.
- : Waldenes was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Governments.
Endorsements Received: 44 » Debluu, The Three States of Fortuna, Veterans Association, Enlil, New Leganes, VW53Aland, Spiruvania, Albrook, Dravida India, Axdel, Aquyia, Eastern Alksearia, Brotherland, Unger under over, Pakitsk, Elejamie, Headpat Central, Aivintis, Layngderfleethe, In Insulam Autem Sanguis Et Magia, Hizuru, A mean old man, Formaro, Modra, Kangarawa, Canadian Technocrats, Sandboxford, Arcadiam, Fellon, Evrigenis, From New World, Agave, Rikos Isles, Mardom, Nevertopia, Tassirion, The Marlands, Merlovich, The Wallenburgian World Assembly Offices, Land of Corporations, Nociav, Frankinstan, Isole Ionie, and New Sandsnionion.