The Republic of Waiguru is a tiny, efficient nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 16 million Waiguruans are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The tiny, pro-business government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Spirituality, Law & Order, and Education also on the agenda, while International Aid and Environment are ignored. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.6%.
The very strong Waiguruan economy, worth 1.03 trillion Pounds a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Woodchip Exports, Uranium Mining, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is 64,380 Pounds, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 299,102 per year while the poor average 8,327, a ratio of 35.9 to 1.
Diabetics find the contents of their medications hard to stomach, military spending is on the increase, prankster scientists legally change their names to silly pseudonyms before major discoveries, and the government's religious works are headed by a New Age guru. Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Waiguru's national animal is the Cheetah, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Waiguru's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Waiguru was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector and the Top 10% for Fattest Citizens, Largest Gambling Industry, Greatest Rich-Poor Divides, and Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Waiguru, the government's religious works are headed by a New Age guru.
- : Following new legislation in Waiguru, prankster scientists legally change their names to silly pseudonyms before major discoveries.
- : Following new legislation in Waiguru, military spending is on the increase.
- : Following new legislation in Waiguru, diabetics find the contents of their medications hard to stomach.
- : Following new legislation in Waiguru, education and welfare spending are on the rise.
- : Waiguru relocated from The Versutian Federation to The East Pacific.
- : Waiguru relocated from Spiritus to The Versutian Federation.
- : Waiguru relocated from The East Pacific to Spiritus.