The Commonwealth of Wafflean is a huge, cultured nation, notable for its keen interest in outer space, compulsory military service, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 495 million Waffles enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 46.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Waffleani economy, worth 17.7 trillion whisks a year, is quite specialized and led by the Furniture Restoration industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Woodchip Exports, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 35,693 whisks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Grade school teachers mark homework with red "CITATION NEEDED" stamps, every new building project has to undergo a five-year environmental impact study before it can go ahead, the government is pouring money into 'Operation Enduring Democracy', and money can't buy love but mercy is entirely negotiable. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wafflean's national animal is the fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Wafflean was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Wafflean was endorsed by The Transoceanic Republic of Aguaria Major.
- : Wafflean's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Wafflean was endorsed by The Kingdom of New Rogernomics.
- : Wafflean's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Wafflean was endorsed by The Epic Card Hoarder of Debussy.
- : Wafflean was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Wafflean was endorsed by The Kingdom of Whale Republic.
- : Wafflean's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Wafflean voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Whistleblower Protection Act".