The Liberal Lassitude of Wabberjocky is a massive, cultured nation, renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, frequent executions, and feral children. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 4.585 billion Wabberjockyians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Carrollia. The average income tax rate is 78.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Wabberjockyian economy, worth 193 trillion Pebbles a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Cheese Exports industry, with significant contributions from Soda Sales. Average income is 42,233 Pebbles, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Leader has just been declared ruler of Wabberjocky in an international press conference, a five-year-old and a convicted terrorist can sit alongside one another in jury service, the sound of wooden legs echo throughout Wabberjocky after the recent introduction of the Foot Tax, and bands of adventurers rove the countryside searching for monsters. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wabberjocky's national animal is the Gryphon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Wabberjocky's influence in Christmas rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Wabberjocky voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Kenmoria".
- : Wabberjocky's influence in Christmas rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Wabberjocky's influence in Christmas rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : Wabberjocky endorsed The Carolling Colony of GoodKingWenceslas.
- : Wabberjocky relocated from The North Pacific to Christmas.
- : Wabberjocky relocated from The West Pacific to The North Pacific.
- : Wabberjocky relocated from Shinka to The West Pacific.
- : Wabberjocky voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Landfill Regulation Act"".
- : Wabberjocky was endorsed by The Disputed Territories of Confused No Name.
Endorsements Received: None.