The Republic of Vvarden is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Amaro Peyro with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 13.641 billion Vvardenese hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Social Policy, Industry, and Environment are also considered important, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Betanzos. The average income tax rate is 84.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Vvardenese economy, worth a remarkable 2,660 trillion Caras a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 195,063 Caras, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
The monarchy has adopted absolute primogeniture, neighbouring countries pay to situate their nuclear power plants in Vvarden, Amaro Peyro's mistress is the belle at many state balls, and bouncers at the door of the sweet shop warn five-year-olds not to cause trouble. Crime is totally unknown. Vvarden's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Alydianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vvarden's influence in Aeia fell from "Enforcer" to "Dealmaker".
- : Vvarden's influence in Aeia rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- : Vvarden's influence in Aeia rose from "Instigator" to "Dealmaker".
- : Vvarden's influence in Aeia rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- : Vvarden was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Vvarden changed its national leader to "Amaro Peyro" and its nation type to "Republic".
- : Vvarden was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Vvarden was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Vvarden was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- : Vvarden's influence in Aeia rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".