The Confederacy of Vulshain is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by King Samuil Rainard with an even hand, and notable for its ubiquitous missile silos, complete absence of social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 13.783 billion Vulshainians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The minute government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Education, with Healthcare and Defense also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kitsuniva. The average income tax rate is 3.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Vulshainian economy, worth a remarkable 2,190 trillion blue riyals a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 158,912 blue riyals, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Soup kitchens are the only things doing roaring business, self-driving cars have been banned, whipping posts and lashes have been transferred to the Historical Museum of Vulshainian Embarrassments, and genocide is seen as a topic best avoided in history lessons. Crime is totally unknown. Vulshain's national animal is the fox and wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Celiam Methodism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vulshain was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Vulshain's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Following new legislation in Vulshain, genocide is seen as a topic best avoided in history lessons.
- : Following new legislation in Vulshain, whipping posts and lashes have been transferred to the Historical Museum of Vulshainian Embarrassments.
- : Following new legislation in Vulshain, self-driving cars have been banned.
- : Vulshain altered its national flag.
- : Vulshain relocated from Lazarus to The East Pacific.
- : Vulshain was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Vulshain ceased to exist in The East Pacific.
- : Vulshain was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.