The Soviet Republic of Vulga is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Nikolai Bukharin with a fair hand, and remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, sprawling nuclear power plants, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 4.188 billion Vulgans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Volgograd. The average income tax rate is 98.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Vulgan economy, worth 802 trillion Vuls a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 191,696 Vuls, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Eau de Trashcan has become a wildly popular perfume, banning party poppers has been a real party pooper, planespotters are emigrating in droves, and UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Vulga's national animal is the Honey Badger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Vulga, UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news.
- : Following new legislation in Vulga, planespotters are emigrating in droves.
- : Following new legislation in Vulga, banning party poppers has been a real party pooper.
- : Vulga was endorsed by The Athenian Republic of Free Atlantis.
- : Following new legislation in Vulga, Eau de Trashcan has become a wildly popular perfume.
- : Following new legislation in Vulga, noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law.
- : Following new legislation in Vulga, there are six more weeks of winter if a northerner sees her shadow.
- : Following new legislation in Vulga, former polygamists always seem to have a huge number of visiting cousins.
- : Following new legislation in Vulga, contrails and thunderous rumbles have returned to the skies above.
- : Following new legislation in Vulga, hospitals in Vulga are too busy serving the needs of The Communist Bloc to see Vulgans.
Endorsements Received: 70 » Freed Europe, MLGDogeland, Uinted Communist of Africa, Marxmeans, Shamian, Euronistan, Socialised Capital, TrueArstotzka, Tekaroe Islands, Soviet Felines, The Workers Union of Habsburg-Lorraine, Sovetlana, Jafredonia, Anarhic Morrowind, The United Kindom under Socialist Rule, Altaira Prime, Illeron, Kitchen Nation, Westnesia, GreatUnion of Soviet Socialist Republics, New Soviet States of America, Huelistan, The State of Mao, Liliumtopia, -Gregoria, The Peoples Vanguard, Kethania, Kletzenland, TryingToBeTrueCommunism, Terragone, United States of Stalinia, Cassaracen, Stalin Lands, Trabardia, Sevinland, Utlegthin, Kandivia, Avanguard city, Wationd Kir, Rulden, East Boulevard, Dudaev, Russaki, Seledo, Samyang, The Huang He, Rogeila, Artorya, Infigira, Transy1vania, and 20 others.Saint Ignis, New Kletersia, Everika, Palmerstown SSR, Camthalia, Sodoran Alesia, Rotar, Bakuninists, Riocht mor Daraen, Anagha, Tiger Shark Island, Smolen, Republic of Yugoslavia, Batavian Commune, Rovkarik, Newportonia, Transbiansylvania, Pazakistan, Ubertas, and Free Atlantis.