The Proletarian Soviet Republic of Vulga is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Bordiga with a fair hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, soft-spoken computers, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 7.821 billion Vulgans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Volgograd. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Vulgan economy, worth a remarkable 1,984 trillion Vuls a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. Average income is an amazing 253,686 Vuls, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Wilderness-dwelling hermits are surprised to find railway stations on their front doorsteps, crowded passenger trains are near-silent save for the soft tap of fingers on touchscreens, town nameplates frequently raise giggles from passing tourists, and scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes. Crime is totally unknown. Vulga's national animal is the Honey Badger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vulga was endorsed by The Free Land of Bruzzundunga.
- : Following new legislation in Vulga, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes.
- : Vulga was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Following new legislation in Vulga, town nameplates frequently raise giggles from passing tourists.
- : Vulga was endorsed by The Socialist People's Republic of Picuros.
- : Following new legislation in Vulga, crowded passenger trains are near-silent save for the soft tap of fingers on touchscreens.
- : Following new legislation in Vulga, wilderness-dwelling hermits are surprised to find railway stations on their front doorsteps.
- : Following new legislation in Vulga, a sledgehammer and a spray can are seen as the default tools of political debate.
- : Vulga was endorsed by The Federated Communes of Vestrik.
- : Vulga was endorsed by The Glorious Federation of Whatevernext.
Endorsements Received: 98 » Uinted Communist of Africa, Marxmeans, Shamian, Soviet Felines, The Workers Union of Habsburg-Lorraine, Anarhic Morrowind, Illeron, Kitchen Nation, Westnesia, GreatUnion of Soviet Socialist Republics, New Soviet States of America, Huelistan, The State of Mao, Liliumtopia, Kethania, Stalin Lands, Avanguard city, Dudaev, Russaki, Saint Ignis, New Kletersia, Transbiansylvania, Phallas, United States of Buffaloia, The Union of Malaysian Socialists, Calusahatchii, Debordan, Socialist Union of Slavic Republics, The Tarpeian Cliffs, Luftetia, Dimitrija, Lorgim Lukka, Karelianastan, Redternetia, Ubertas, Solveneia, Sipsin, Rothnia, Ostveimar, Terrapinne, Socialist Heronia, Caerebor, Ima, Drumrum, Bibliophilius, Pyralspite, Ganjallia, ZhongMania, Daiamid, Ambaniala, and 48 others.Hispania Aeterna, The Reunification of Korea, New Wark Turulov, A Post-Apocalyptic Wasteland, Dynamic Revolution, Parangaba, The Steephills, Ruskania, Chevodonia, Thebrin, BurningPhoenix, The Plebeian States, Imperial Plumbus, Me and Bby, Council of America, Red nation state, Blakkland, Old Mare, New Mandoras, The Passerine Islands, Radicalania, Sirijiva, Hopolieistan, Holbosh, Hachea, Kahira el-Mubaraka, New Astri, Jutlop, The Greater Tulsa Area, Vilouki, Gedzhiktiridzhistan, Neo Tyranis, Saniston, The 5th Soviet Union, The United Kindom under Socialist Rule, Sneuna, Berlin Commune, New United Islands, Priaburg, Soviet Canuckia, Piemania, Kadrograd, Galakonur, Gronath, Whatevernext, Vestrik, Picuros, and Bruzzundunga.