The Federation of Vul Handa is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its state-planned economy, keen interest in outer space, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, devout population of 320 million Vul Handans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Healthcare, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 58.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Vul Handan economy, worth 10.8 trillion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, fairly diversified black market in Tourism, Cheese Exports, Information Technology, and Retail. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 33,717 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Not even good behaviour will get transgender inmates any special perks, the entire nation of Brasilistan has been designated as a nuclear testing site, the nation is weighing the price of victory following a nuclear strike, and all government facilities are built in the subterranean citadel of Vul Handa City. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vul Handa's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vul Handa voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Nazi Europa"".
- : Vul Handa voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Preventing Identity Theft".
- : Following new legislation in Vul Handa, all government facilities are built in the subterranean citadel of Vul Handa City.
- : Following new legislation in Vul Handa, the nation is weighing the price of victory following a nuclear strike.
- : Vul Handa was endorsed by The Great Congregation of Brethren.
- : Following new legislation in Vul Handa, the entire nation of Brasilistan has been designated as a nuclear testing site.
- : Following new legislation in Vul Handa, not even good behaviour will get transgender inmates any special perks.
- : Following new legislation in Vul Handa, 'Shoot the Villager' has become a popular pastime in the nation's armed forces.
- : Following new legislation in Vul Handa, the airforce has intensified its bombings of hospitals and schools in Brasilistan.
- : Vul Handa was endorsed by The Empire of EmpireBR.
Endorsements Received: 85 » Juangpen, The Atlae Isles, Sandsepol, Bai Lung, Vuclen, Layngderfleethe, Elejamie, Wiranath, Gallisers, Albrook, BearStackof2015, Debluu, Northern Celavon, Adavan, Kalaratri, East Malaysia, Stellar Colonies, Kavanos, Shavara, The Death Syndicate, Pakitsk, Distro-Spartica, Tshana, Modra, Empire of Dabiristan, Rhealaliit, Drunken Seal Islands, In Insulam Autem Sanguis Et Magia, Aivintis, Danelaw Scandinavia, 3 14159265358979323846264, Edwardsport, Lakon-oui, Upper Ellisse, Freedomindia, Lanagon, From New World, VW53Aland, Axdel, Volinovia, Hizuru, A mean old man, Aratand, The Almighty Country, Zang0, ReeK, CheeseBurrito, Joundia, A Slanted Black Stripe, Imperial Akatsuki, and 35 others.Roliganistan, The Solar Ottomans, Dravida India, Tofoon, Dryzia, Under Upper Antartica, Khadah, Enlil, Greater New Cassandra, Veterans Association, Pekweng, Firenation91, Interdimensional Waifus, Hokolokia, CopyCato, Zeiberland, New Leganes, Cellar Doors, Davinhia, Nereua, Auslivia, Brotherland, Slys Paws, Canadian Technocrats, Roissyland, Marrabuk, Eastern Alksearia, Lantros, Saint Richelieu, Kandorith, Pirnovo, MikGonnia, Wallenburg, EmpireBR, and Brethren.