The People's Republic of Vostokian Union is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its ubiquitous missile silos, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 474 million Vostokians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vaktovia. The average income tax rate is 54.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Vostokian Unionian economy, worth 62.4 trillion Vostoks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, fairly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Beef-Based Agriculture, Information Technology, and Retail. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 131,546 Vostoks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Large areas of Vostokian Union are not accessible by the public, kitchen patrol is dominated by ten-year-old runts, the most common doctor's prescription is "get out of my consulting room", and government agents scour baking periodicals for subversive recipes. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vostokian Union's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Vostokian Union, government agents scour baking periodicals for subversive recipes.
- : Following new legislation in Vostokian Union, the most common doctor's prescription is "get out of my consulting room".
- : Vostokian Union was endorsed by The Sultanate of Monkistan.
- : Following new legislation in Vostokian Union, kitchen patrol is dominated by ten-year-old runts.
- : Following new legislation in Vostokian Union, large areas of Vostokian Union are not accessible by the public.
- : Vostokian Union was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector and the Top 10% for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Vostokian Union, anti-vaxxers are right about the government injecting diseases into people.
- : Following new legislation in Vostokian Union, friendly fire incidents usually result in severe burns.
- : Following new legislation in Vostokian Union, the family summer vacation has become a thing of the past following the introduction of the year-round school year.
- : Following new legislation in Vostokian Union, citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages.
Endorsements Received: 113 » Ausvelt, Meropis, Invernessia, Yahlia, Saint Domingo, Walfo, The Reunited Yugoslavs, North of Americas, Abject Ludicrosity, Rivierenland, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, St Scarlett, The Champions League, Thracia Republic, The Seven Provinces, Dark Matter, Savinecross, Irminsulia, Estoniia, Regnum Italiae, The New Nordic Union, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, GanymedEuropa, Northern German Federation, Shaor, Bathera, Jim the Baptist, Destyntine, Maritzal, Wombelland, Super Happy Land, South St Maarten, Kardjali, Lieges, Imperium Anglorum, Nardin, Leranditale, Outer Sparta, Greater Icelandia, Brakanistan, Francitanie, Leszno, Weltbeherrschung, Yoannes, Ostermarch, Dorenstad, Nuweland, Wessex and Cornwall, Quentenia, Socialist Balkans, and 63 others.Germany Third Reich, An Clar, Owlograd, Soviet Taoistan, Skorvalia, Mallesia, Eritei, Prussian-Union, Ashckar, Cytadela, The Mongol Plain, Boldia, Durlia, Arorska, New Touraine, Umeria, Seims, Greater Tomland, Martelon, Falvaard, Nea Europa, Canovium, Parliamentary Laramidia, Nevelja, The Fair Republic, Pilipinas and Malaya, Evergreen Keys, Estellan, Purgatio, Republic of Satherland, Enway, Migurson, Rawando, Grodisze, Weeddialvon, Someseni, The New Mexican Confederation, Apabeossie, Saiwania, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Zarulia, Amicities, Viktorias, Dauershire, Anskerdank, Leiningerland, Trixeland, Kanokla, Belmoren, The Young Ur, Kyrica, Uzbek Khan, Eski, Greater Albaina, Valtrona, Eco-Paris Reformation, New Ylicia, Mynox, Asparagusia, Othenhiem, Berlin and Potsdam, Lovisa, and Monkistan.