|Leader||Kaiser V Donnegan|
The Grän Republika of Vossetia is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Kaiser V Donnegan with an iron fist, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, state-planned economy, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, cynical population of 1.35 billion Vossetians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vossingraad. The average income tax rate is 80.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Vossetian economy, worth 146 trillion Vossetian Zands a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Basket Weaving. Average income is an impressive 108,214 Vossetian Zands, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Confused-looking pigeons slide gently off frictionless window ledges, the country is governed by a clique of political insiders known colloquially as The Establishment, arbitrary election rules are considered sacrosanct, and the nation's reputation for treachery has left it sidelined on the international stage. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vossetia's national animal is the Zornbeest, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Üühanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Vossetia, the nation's reputation for treachery has left it sidelined on the international stage.
- : Following new legislation in Vossetia, arbitrary election rules are considered sacrosanct.
- : Following new legislation in Vossetia, the country is governed by a clique of political insiders known colloquially as The Establishment.
- : Vossetia was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- : Following new legislation in Vossetia, confused-looking pigeons slide gently off frictionless window ledges.
- : Following new legislation in Vossetia, Brancaland has gifted over nine thousand putrid moose carcasses to Vossetia as a reminder of their "special relationship".
- : Vossetia was endorsed by The People's Republic of Marxstar.
- : Following new legislation in Vossetia, doctors ask for written consent before making eye contact with patients.
- : Following new legislation in Vossetia, "Idol-Worship for the Apathetic" workshops are cancelled when no-one bothers to show up.
- : Following new legislation in Vossetia, election results are often delayed for weeks to count the expat votes.
Endorsements Received: 13 » Shamian, Dindrenzi, Vulga, Carrasovo, Kethania, Marxmeans, Stalin Lands, The Moroccan Kingdom, East Boulevard, Soviet Socialist Armenia, Alangrad, Sodoran Alesia, and Marxstar.