The Legend of Vortukia is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by The Primarch with an iron fist, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, sprawling nuclear power plants, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 14.889 billion Vortukians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, corrupt government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Industry, and Education are also considered important, while Spirituality and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Citadel. The average income tax rate is 96.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Vortukian economy, worth a remarkable 3,526 trillion Credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is an amazing 236,874 Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Nobody ever questions the unquestioned rule that questions must always be asked, the decision to be oppressed is now made democratically, the deceased are buried mostly to hide them from state-sanctioned corpse-collectors, and pre-takeoff checks last longer than the flights themselves. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vortukia's national animal is the Phoenix, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is nothing.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vortukia changed its national motto to "Cast ye out, whom must return to thee void".
- : Vortukia changed its national motto to "Cast ye out".
- : Vortukia's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Vortukia's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Vortukia's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Vortukia's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Vortukia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes and Largest Governments, the Top 5% for Most Developed and Most Advanced Public Education, and the Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Vortukia altered its national flag.
- : Vortukia was refounded in Balder.
- : Vortukia ceased to exist in Osiris.